BOYS & GIRLS OUTDOOR TRACK
The BTHS Boys followed up their 2019 Indoor Track Championship last February and their Brooklyn Borough Championship last weekend with THE PSAL OUTDOOR CHAMPIONSHIP on Sunday (5/26/19) while the Girls put up a fight against the mighty Paul Robeson Campus juggernaut. PSAL City Champions include Evan Sherman ’19 (3200m), Bishopp Boutin ’19 (Pentathlon), Dylan Canales ’20 (1600m) and the 4x800m A team (Sherman/Canales/Parker Straight ’19 & Astor Meredith-Goujon ’19) all of whom will compete at the New York State Federation Championships in two weeks in Middletown, NY. Please click the title for the rest of the City Championship highlights. GO, ENGINEERS!BOYS HIGHLIGHTS:
1. Bishopp Boutin ‘19 actually started the Engineers campaign by winning the Pentathlon on Friday, trouncing his competition by over 500 points while setting Personal Records in the Long Jump and the High Jump. Boutin amassed a staggering 22 points out of the team’s total of 70 to lead the Engineers to the title: Besides winning 10 Pentathlon points on Friday Boutin took 2nd in the individual High Jump (8 points) and 4th in the 110 High Hurdles (4 points) setting a Personal Record of 14.70 seconds (meeting the NYS Federation Super Qualifying Standard in the event) – running back and forth across the Icahn Stadium infield between two simultaneous events!
2. In the 3200m: Evan Sherman ’19 cruised to a 13 second victory over 2nd place John Craven (Beacon HS) just as he did a year ago in the 2018 City Championship.
In Sherman’s four years competing at this distance in the City Championships he’s finished 7th/3rd/1st & 1st -- a truly dominating run for one of Tech’s all time distance runners.
3. In the 1600m, Dylan Canales ’20 shadowed Sawyer Cooper (BxSci HS) for 1200m and then shifted gears and left him in the dust. Canales pounded his chest to the cheering crowd on the homestretch as he sprinted to the finish line.
4. BTHS “A”, “B” & “C” teams tallied 16 event points in the 4x800m relay: The “A” team with Sherman, Canales, Straight & Astir Meredith-Goujon’19 finished in 1st place while the “B” team (Otto Horiuchi ’20, Sufiyan Sarguroh ’19, Peja Breuler ’19 & Isaac Stamper ‘19) took 4th place, followed by the “C” team (Christian Nicolas ’20, Marcus Scott ’21, Patrick Dicus ’21 and Jacob Koziej ’21) in 5th.
5. Ethan Lee ’19 finished his javeline career for BTHS with a 4th place finish.
6. Parker Straight ’19 took 3rd place in the 800m
7. Merlin Beaufils ’19 set a Personal Record in the Pole Vault (12’) good for 5th place.
Your 2019 PSAL City Champions: the Brooklyn Tech Boys!
8. Farah Osman ’22 got the Engineers on the scoreboard with a 3rd place finish and 6 points in the 2k Steeplechase.
9. In the 1500m, Lucinda Doogan ’20 finished 2nd.
10. Christy Huynh ’20 finished 4th in the 3000m.
11. In the 4x800m relay the 'A' team ( Huynh ’20, Osman ’22, Astrid Obadia ’20 & Doogan ’20) secured 2nd place with a strong 3rd leg by Osman.
For complete meet coverage please click the following links:
Next weekend the BTHS Freshmen & Sophomores compete at DeWitt Clinton HS to finish the PSAL Outdoor Season!