BOYS & GIRLS OUTDOOR TRACK
On Saturday (5/11/19) the Engineers outdoor track teams competed at the PSAL’s 19th Annual Bruce Selman held at Jamaica HS in Queens, NY. Please click the title for highlights. GO, ENGINEERS!
1. In the Varsity 3000m Christy Huynh ’20 and Maya Almawaldi ’21 took 1st and 2nd place respectively.
2. In the Varsity 1500m Isabella Greyser ’21 took 2nd place
3. Farah Osman ’22 grabbed 1st place in the Freshman 3000m.
4. The BTHS Varsity (Isabell Fitch '20, Jenny Yang ’20, Christy Huynh '20 & Isabella Greyser '21)
and Freshman (Paige McCallion '22, Farah Osman '22, Diana Lorenzo Reyes '22 & Michelle LI '22)
4x800m “A”relay teams swept 1st place finishes.
5. As a result the Girls finished with a very solid 2nd place overall point total:
FEMALE TEAM SCORES
Place School Points
1 Medgar Evers College Prep 91
2 Brooklyn Technical/ 75
3 Forest Hills 56
4 Bronx HS Of Science 52
5 Townsend Harris 50
6. In the Freshman 3200m Erik Nebel ’22 grabbed 1st place and lowered his Personal Record by nearly 42 seconds!
7. In other Freshman races, the 4x400m (Manhim Liu '22, Jinhao Huang '22, Isaac Forson '22 & Zhiwen Wu '22) and 4x800m (Alisher Yokubjonov '22, Dylan Zhao '22, Andres Orbegozo '22 & Jonny Wu '22)
Relay teams grabbed 1st and 2nd place for the young Engineers.
For complete meet coverage please click the following links:
Looming on the horizon for BTHS Engineers is the PSAL Brooklyn Borough Championships this Saturday (5/18/19) at Icahn Stadium on Randall’s Is.:
Event winners (or student-athletes who have met PSAL outdoor qualifying times in their events) move to the City Finals, also at Icahn Stadium on 5/26/19.