BOYS & GIRLS OUTDOOR TRACK
On Saturday 4/13/19 the BTHS Boys & Girls outdoor track team joined forces with the rest of the PSAL to compete in the Mayor’s Cup vs. rival private and Catholic schools. Please click the title for highlights. GO ENGINEERS!
1. Lucinda Doogan ‘20 set a Personal Record (4:48.75) in the varsity 1500m, finishing in 3rd place.
2. Christy Huynh ’20 and Farah Osman ’22 took 4th and 5th in the varsity 3000m.
3. The 4x800m relay team took 2nd place in the Soph. division.
4. Parker Straight ’19 took 3rd place (1:59.48) in the varsity 800m
5. Dylan Canales ’20 was the fastest PSAL runner in the varsity 1600m taking 3rd place.
6. In a riveting 110m High Hurdle duel, Bishopp Boutin ’19 hurled his body at the finish line, barely overtaking rival Jonathan Gordon of Springfield Gardens for 1st place by a hundredth of a second.
7. The following Engineers took 1st place in the Soph. 4x800m relay and 2nd place in the Soph. 4x400m relay:
Marcus Scott ‘21, Patrick Dicus ‘21, Andrew Smith ‘21, Jacob Koziej ‘21.
8. BTHS also finished 5th in the varsity 4x800m relay:
Otto Horiuchi ’20, Straight, Peja Breuler ’19 and Canales
For complete meet coverage please click the following links:
Next on the BTHS outdoor schedule is the 4/28/19 Bob Zifchak Classic at Springfield Gardens HS in Queens, NY.