The Brooklyn Tech Alumni Foundation will host the next Career Day during regular school hours on Tuesday, October 23rd. This event creates a critical link between the classroom and the workplace by allowing students to explore various career options so that students can make informed educational and career choices. Presenters can sign up by visiting the link above before September 14th.Career Day is intended to benefit our students by:
• Introducing them to careers: Students gain exposure to different careers.
• Connecting learning: Speakers give students background on the type of education required for specific careers.
• Sharing the relevance of schoolwork: Students observe how skills learned in the classroom are used on the job.
• Creating a career pathway: Students discover which college majors or technical programs feed into different career paths.
This is a great opportunity for presenters to:
• Interact with students
• Meet teachers
• Learn about what is going on at Tech today
There are three sessions for Career Day:
Session 1: 8:00 AM – 10:18 AM
Session 2: 10:22 AM – 12:33 PM
Session 3: 12:37 PM - 3:45 PM
Each of these sessions will consist of two in-class presentations. Classes are 40 minutes each. The presentation should run for 20-30minutes with time allotted for students’ questions. Classes are comprised of 34 students. Each session will provide a written letter of appreciation to all participants, indicating that this is a volunteer activity. All presenters will be notified at least two weeks prior to the event about their assignments and most will be given their desired time frame.
Presenters are advised to wear business casual attire and comfortable shoes.
To register, please visit this page before September 14th.